Whether you need a physical therapist in Burien for a sports injury, gait and balance training, or post-surgical rehabilitation, it is crucial to choose a service you can trust. At Advance Physical Therapy, we strive to coordinate with patients to meet their unique needs and help them manage pain, heal injuries, and improve their quality of life. Because of the potential risk posed by COVID-19, we are also currently offering telehealth services to patients.
While we know that physical therapy can be highly beneficial, what exactly are the benefits?
- Functional improvements. Surgery, sports injuries, and injuries on the job can all impact mobility, range of motion, and muscle strength. Your physical therapist coordinates with you to set goals and benchmarks. Treatment isn’t just about keeping pain at bay: it’s also about getting back to doing the things you love.
- Effective pain management. Chronic pain from an improperly-healed injury can quickly create a dependency on prescription painkillers and over-the-counter medications to keep pain at tolerable levels. By contrast, physical therapy can use a variety of drug-free treatments to aid pain management, including:
- Electrical stimulation
- Kinesio Taping
- Rehabilitative Real-Time Diagnostic Ultrasound (MSK)
- ASTYM™ Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Surgery prevention. In many cases, physical injuries requiring physical therapy are not critical. However, over time, an improperly-healed injury can lead to extensive tissue damage that requires surgical intervention. Physical therapy is one way that many patients can avoid surgery with noninvasive treatments.
- Injury risk prevention. Yes, physical therapy can even help you prevent re-injuring after recovery. Many patients are given treatment regimens to perform at home to encourage healing, improve mobility, and ensure that vulnerable tissue suffers less damage over time.