Going to physical therapy for the first time can leave patients with many questions about how this discipline can help their injuries and illnesses. We at Advance Therapy strive to provide information that is both helpful and informative when considering your options for physical therapy in Burien.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT AT MY FIRST PHYSICAL THERAPY APPOINTMENT?
While the details may vary based on your condition and needs, most first appointments focus on the following:
- Performing a physical exam to evaluate health.
- Consulting patients about their medical history.
- Determining a clinical diagnosis and prognosis.
- Formulating a plan of care with both short- and long-term goals for healing.
- Presenting patients with exercises and self-management measures they can undertake at home.
HOW CAN PHYSICAL THERAPY HELP MY CONDITION?
Physical therapy provides patients with a variety of benefits, including:
- Pain management that can supplement or even reduce the need for opioid medications.
- Recovering in safe and effective ways from injury, trauma, stroke, or paralysis
- Improving balance and preventing falling risks for seniors
WHAT CONDITIONS CAN BENEFIT FROM PHYSICAL THERAPY?
A variety of physical therapy modalities exist to aid an equally wide range of health conditions, such as:
- Hand therapies for trigger finger and carpal tunnel syndrome
- Stroke, spinal cord injuries, Parkinson’s disease, MS, and other neurological conditions
- Musculoskeletal conditions like torn rotator cuffs, back pain, and TMJ
- Sports injuries, including concussions
- Women’s health conditions including pelvic floor dysfunction and lymphedema
- Pediatric conditions such as muscular dystrophy and cerebral palsy
- COPD, cystic fibrosis, post-myocardial infarction, and other cardiopulmonary conditions
Whether you need physical therapy or telehealth services, Advance Physical Therapy provides a high standard of care to help you heal. Call (206) 444-6320 or email our team at email@example.com to get started.