Choosing a physical therapist and sports rehabilitation center can be challenging. You want the best for your situation. Not every place has the same level of experience, professionalism, and attention to the patient’s needs. At Advance Physical Therapy, we want you to know you are getting the best possible care. Here are some tips that can help you choose the physical therapist services you need.
Do Your Research
Ask around about the physical therapy facilities. Talk to people who have gone there. Check the internet for reviews of the facility. If you are being sent to a specific clinic by your doctor, inquire as to why he wants that one. Are they connected financially to the clinic? Ask questions like:
- How many patients does the therapist see per hour? It should be no more than 2.
- Are the staff board-certified? Do they have advanced degrees?
- Will they handle submitting insurance claims?
- Do they tell you before you visit what your deductible is and co-payments? They should.
- Is the staff friendly and willing to answer your questions?
Your Physical Therapist
When you meet with your physical therapist, he should take the time to go over your condition and answer any questions you might have. Your treatment plan should be discussed and clearly laid out, so you understand what is happening. You should not feel rushed.
At Advance Physical Therapy, we are a sports rehabilitation center that provides the individualized treatment. We value you as a patient and are committed to providing the best possible care.